Title: Social Media Manager
Location: Hybrid (Our Head Office is based in Derby)
Salary: Dependant on experience
At Motorpoint we are going through an exciting time of growth, and as a result we are currently looking for a creative Social Media Manager, to join the team, widen their knowledge and come on this exciting journey with us!
We’re after someone with experience, creativity and drive to increase engagement across all our social channels and online communities while making the most of our chatty and approachable can-do brand values.
You’ll love sifting through data to inform your social output, and you’ll be comfortable working alongside our team of in-house content and marketing specialists to bring your strategy to life. You’ll be happy rolling up your sleeves and creating your own assets where appropriate and utilsing other teams and resources around the business to bring your ideas to life (as well as managing budgets to use external agencies where required).
Part of the role will involve training and helping our store teams around the country to help grow the following of our local stores social channels. We’re a small team, so you’ll also help come up with ideas for content more generally and feed the creative process of the wider marketing team.
• Developing and delivering a national social media plan for Motorpoint, making informed choices of where the business should be investing time and effort across the full spectrum of social and communities available online.
• Alongside utilising support of the business to bring your content ideas to life, we expect quick / responsive asset creation and ideation of content to be a skillset you are comfortable with.
• Monitoring online sentiment about Motorpoint and competitors, alongside key trends / discussions around the market more generally.
• Development of our local social media programme, including training and communicating with in-store staff
• Analysing performance and optimising social plans and content
• Regular liaison with the wider marketing team and developing content to meet their needs, as well as working with the paid media team to develop promotional budget plans
• Liaison with customer care teams
• 3+ years working on social accounts for a national brand
• The ability to plan, create and deliver a social strategy that engages a car-buying audience
• Excellent copywriting skills and attention to detail
• Experience building audiences using organic and ideally paid social media
• An analytical mindset to help scale social audiences using listening tools
• A general awareness of consumer automotive markets, but this isn’t essential – you’ll be supported by a team of car nerds
(Seriously, there’s loads...)
• Paid time off every month to do something that makes you happy – yep that’s right!
• Discounts & cashback at hundreds of high street retailers & restaurants through our “My M.O.T” platform
• Staff discount on cars and finance options
• Cycle to work scheme
• Additional holidays for length of service
• Long service awards
• Enhanced Parental Leave
• Quarterly Team nights out
• Days off for your birthday, getting married or moving house
Motorpoint is the place to be, and we are on a mission!
Already the UK’s leading retailer of nearly new cars, Motorpoint has ambitious plans to make car buying as easy as possible in whatever way our customers want. Online? We deliver. In-store? We deliver. At home? We deliver (we literally do).
We believe that by creating the best possible place to work for our colleagues, we will create the best possible experience for our customers and that will fuel the growth of our amazing business and the careers and opportunities for our colleagues.
As pioneers of selling cars online, we are perfectly positioned for developing our omnichannel customer proposition and we are looking for engineers, product owners and eCommerce marketeers to create the best products for our customers and suppliers.