Title: Head of Paid Media
Location: Remote Working (with occasional office visits in Derby)
Salary: Dependant on experience
At Motorpoint we are going through an exciting time of growth, and as a result we are currently looking for a Head of Paid Media, to join the team, widen their knowledge and come on this exciting journey with us!
As the Head of Paid Media, you will report directly into the Digital Marketing Director to strategise, plan, manage and deliver all paid media / performance marketing for Motorpoint.
- Develop and implement evolving strategies to deliver paid digital marketing performance, primarily for the website but also covering apps, search platforms and physical dealerships.
- Own overall performance media planning and activation with the support of a paid media team across all paid channels with corresponding budgets to deliver the best outcomes.
- Utilise extensive paid search (Google and Bing) and paid social management experience to help guide the team towards best-in-class delivery of all work. Ideally leveraging bid management experience, working with scripts & feeds and familiar working with large UK focused budgets.
- Programmatic, trafficking, and personalised creative / DCO capability, leveraging experience working with audience targeting, using 1st party data effectively to reach key audience across all channels / platforms
- Maintain strong relationships with key media partners and collaborate with them to generate innovation in our activity
Ensuring that tasks such as budget reporting, budget management, booking authorisation and billing process needs are met with both marketing leadership and finance departments
- Ensure communication of media and content needs within the relevant teams at Motorpoint and with partner agencies to ensure delivery of assets for campaigns.
- Manage tools requirements such as licenses and suppliers, ensuring the platforms deliver the insight the team and wider business requires
Team personnel management (around 3-4 people covering PPC, Paid Social and Programmatic) and where required management of any agency support
- Own reporting and measurement of all paid media activity, feeding performance into an all-channel view, with a clear understanding of other channels impact on paid.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest in performance media ensure the wider marketing team are up to date with the latest developments.
Ensure clear communication of requirements / plans to address any shortcomings with the existing infrastructure against a best-in-class view.
- 5+ years’ experience across paid media performance
- Strong capability around set-up, tracking and measurement of campaigns
- Exceptional paid search and paid social experience, coupled with strong experience setting up and managing programmatic display campaigns.
- Experience working with UK centric 6 figure budget campaigns
- A strong understanding of tracking, tagging, walled gardens, campaign measurement and diagnosing issues with in-flight campaigns and new launches
- Overall planning and performance optimisation capability but also ready to roll up sleeves and get stuck into the BAU where required at times.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbally
- Successful track record of establishing relationships through a variety of digital channels
- Ability to lead and engage the paid Media team, ensuring mentoring and development needs are met
- (Seriously, there’s loads...)
- Paid time off every month to do something that makes you happy – yep that’s right!
- Discounts & cashback at hundreds of high street retailers & restaurants through our “My M.O.T” platform
- Staff discount on cars and finance options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Additional holidays for length of service
- Long service awards
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Quarterly Team nights outDays off for your birthday, getting married or moving house
Motorpoint is the place to be, and we are on a mission!
Already the UK’s leading retailer of nearly new cars, Motorpoint has ambitious plans to make car buying as easy as possible in whatever way our customers want. Online? We deliver. In-store? We deliver. At home? We deliver (we literally do).
We believe that by creating the best possible place to work for our colleagues, we will create the best possible experience for our customers and that will fuel the growth of our amazing business and the careers and opportunities for our colleagues.
As pioneers of selling cars online, we are perfectly positioned for developing our omnichannel customer proposition and we are looking for engineers, product owners and eCommerce marketers to create the best products for our customers and suppliers.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and would ask you to get in touch if you are concerned about any barriers you feel you may be facing in your application process with us, so we can ensure they are removed.